Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Angry Birds -vs- Math

Hi, my name is Sarah, and I'm an addict.



Yes, my doctor sent me home from an appointment last Wednesday with a diagnoses of the flu (no, I did not get my flu shot) and told me I couldn't go back to work until Monday.  Well, luckily we had Monday off so over my 5 day weekend in between watching bad tv and clearing out my dvr I got even more hooked to Angry Birds.  And then I had an ephinany..  and ephifany...  and epifany...  ugh, a genius idea!

Angry Birds -vs- Math!

Our state mandated test required to graduate college is quickly approaching (30 school days and counting until the next retest for the seniors) and I need a clever way to suck the kids into doing some not so fun math.

Over break I justified hooking my 6 and a half year old nephew and four year old niece on Angry Birds by saying 1 - they aren't fighting any more and we can keep them in separate rooms this way, and 2 - they're getting exposed to physics and math already!  (And yes I started throwing things up in the air to illustrate a parabola to both of them and they got it!)

Well, if they can get the math from it then my students can get it too!!!

So I'm on a mission.  Millard's TAKS Camp: Angry Birds -vs- Math version is now in developement.

Oh yea, and TM and circle that.  I'm trade marking it  :) 

I'll let you know how it goes and I'll post it once I'm done!






PS  Maybe later I'll explain how awesome of a stress reliever it is after some of my days at work.  Not to mention how much my cats love listening to the sounds from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment