Sunday, October 16, 2011

SBG goes up in smoke

So this school year we implemented SBG grading school wide.  Unfortunately it hasn't gone very well.

I just want to reinforce that the following is my opinion and in no way reflects the school I work for.

Things were not communicated clearly to some of the staff, even though we have all been trained on it for the last 3 years.
Things were not communicated clearly to the students.
Things were not communicated clearly to the parents.
As a result this is now the front of our districts webpage...  Public Hearings Scheduled on Standards Based Grading.


It's SOOOOOOOO frustrating to spend so much time over the past 3 years studying, implementing and tweaking a system in a few short weeks because of some uninformed teachers and parents the district has pulled the rug out from under us.

We are literally having an uprising from the parents who think we're just bringing the bottom up and making it more difficult for the students to make perfect 100's.

Here are the questions that the district is currently fielding from parents.
http://www.roundrockisd.org/index.aspx?page=3867

All of this happening in the month that I get named "Staff Member of the Month" for my school makes me really frustrated and upset with how it is all being handled by my district.

Ugh!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment