Thursday, August 31, 2017

Craziest 1st week ever!

So let me start with that I live in Austin and we definitely did not get the worst of the weather this last week like many of Houston and Coastal friends and family.  My heart goes out to them in this crazy time and I will be contributing to their recovery efforts anyway possible.



Our first day of school was Monday and due to the copious amount of rain that came down in our area this weekend we ended up having a delayed start for the first day.  Talk about a different way to start the school year!  My first year teaching was when Katrina hit and I remember the school I worked at closing for a day while we opened our campus to evacuees. 
From NCA Cheer Camp Aug 2017 at Hendrickson HS

Thankfully before all the crazy weather started I was able to get an assistant cheer coach so I don't think I'll be pulled in as many directions as I was thinking I would.  She came to our first practice on Tuesday and was able to help cover the first Volleyball game so I was able to see my husband and kittens before the sun went down!  I'm looking forward to splitting the duties with her so I'll be able to get more planning done for when I work with my math teachers and I won't be totally sucked into all thing cheer.



I'm looking forward to using Google Classroom this year to help my teachers with some Professional Development and learning.  I just hope that I can figure out a way to really streamline the process and routines for my teachers so it's not another burden on their plates.  If you have any ideas or suggestions I would love to hear them!


I hope everyone else is having a great beginning of the school year and staying safe and dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment