Friday, August 19, 2016

#MTBoSBlaugust Day 19: Just wanna brag on a team...



So I did not get a chance to work with my Geometry team while they were creating their first test (which I really would have liked to have done).  And I just got an email from the PLC lead with the test and when I scrolled down to the bottom I saw this:
No prompting needed, no having to bribe or convince them to try something new.  On their own they came up with the idea of giving a standards based test and breaking it up into parts for assessment!!!  I'm so thrilled I'm literally bouncing in my seat as I type this!  

Students always struggle with Geometry and I'm loving that they're wanting to go this route and try this out.  I can't wait for the students to really take ownership of their learning since their grade will really mean something to them and I can't wait to see the passing rate in Geometry skyrocket as a result!!!

Woohoo!!!


Just had to brag since they totally went that route on their own and that was a route I really wanted to slowly open the department to.

No comments:

Post a Comment